Whiskey would like to say
“Crunch. Crreeeeeenkle. Crrrrnklesh.”
That’s the sound of a very happy, slightly obsessed dog. He’s obsessed with this:
We’re no strangers to the passing fad of toys here in the Robertson household. Some toys only fascinate for a week (if we’re really lucky).
Sometimes these obsessions only last a day, or worse, a deceptively fun filled hour…
This new toy, the Crinkit, has a plastic bottle in it. At first he wouldn’t touch it. I won’t say exactly that I demonstrated how to use it… but let’s just say I eventually got him to figure it out. Every time he goes quiet now I sneak in there to make sure he hasn’t dredged the poor plastic bottle (which was a PAIN to get in that thing. Literally. I think I pulled a chest muscle) out of the hole and isn’t choking on it. I’m wondering where I can find another plastic bottle after he destroys that one. But what I’m mostly thinking about is how surprised I am that I’m liking the BarkBox despite its poor turn out initially.
I’ll be honest with you. When I first opened it I thought “That’s it?” I don’t know if I will renew it when my 6 months is up. But I might. We’ll have to see how the other boxes play out. Right now all I can say is that at around $17.00 a month for 6 months, the box earned its keep this month since a Crinkit runs around $17.00…that is unless his obsession only lasts an hour. It was never a toy I would have bought him so that’s kind of neat- to get to try out stuff I might not otherwise.
I promise to keep you updated on our BarkBox saga because they aren’t paying me, they don’t know who I am, and I’ll give you a no bs review of the boxes so you can decide. I bought mine with a groupon that was available only to new customers (score) so I’m getting out even better. I was hoping that purchasing these each month (if I decide to do so) would help with our dog expenses. I usually buy treats each month, (but this one had no where near enough treats to last a whole month…) I usually break down and buy a toy too (this one suffices and passes the test!).
So here is the list of what was in this month. I will continue to list the items and our review of them each month. I hope this helps someone out there out!
- Zigoopets.com Crinkit toy (once he figured out how to use it, it’s been a hit… for at least the last hour. Now he’s staring at the cat and trying not to fall asleep, but hey, a dogs gotta rest sometime.
- LA Fresh- there was a wipe to try for dogs on the go. Allegedly it will be kinda like an instant bath, freshening them up and you can wipe off muddy paws. That’s a big issue for us since I never know what I’m going to run into when I take him into the woods! LAfreshgroup.com
- Wag.com put in a $10 off first order coupon. Would have been perfect timing if they carried my food. Which they don’t. It doesn’t expire until November so I might use it for something else… maybe. Verdict is still out on this one.
- Barkworthies from barkworthies.com are curvy bully sticks that are made with 100% beef. This was gone in about 15 minutes. Whiskey gives it two paws up.
- Whole Life Pet included sweet potato treats and a teetiny bag of about 2 or 3 little pieces of freeze dried chicken. We haven’t opened these up yet but I’m sure Whiskey will approve. wholelifepet.com
- Zukes included a large grain free z-bone. We love Zukes but find them hard to find in our regular pet store so we’re happy to have this big bone to give to W some day soon 🙂 zukes.com